Department of Sociology
We envision such a Society that will enriched with social, environmental, and economic justice, promote equity and equality, alleviate oppression, and enhance human dignity, health and well-being across local and global community.
The Department of Sociology seeks to develop a more impartial, caring, and socially just society. A society to meet basic human needs, and empowers individuals, communities, and institutions to achieve the best possible outcomes in their lives. Our Department is dedicated to educate, research, & provide services for progressive change at local, national, and global levels.
- To create in students the “Sociological imagination”, which signifies the ability to see their lives, concerns, problems and hopes as entwined within the larger social and historical context in which they live.
- To develop in students the skill to think critically and creatively.
- To make their vision broader to envisage and encompass the existing social framework and enable them to apply their theoretical knowledge to the solution of the social problems around them.
- To educate and train them to discern and otherwise utilize the agents of change and to prevent and modify their ill-consequences for the benefit of the larger social setup.
- To develop and enhance their professional repertoire so as to maintain their excellent future operations in the discipline.
- To train learners enough to cope with any altering situation in life.
Scope of Sociology
It is well established now that after completion of Sociology degree the graduates participate in nation-building activities. The graduates of Sociology are actively involved in Developmental activities such as Social Mobilization, Rural Development, Population Planning, Rural Health Schemes, and Community Development. The training imparted in the Department enables the students to contribute effectively to the development of the country. Moreover, different governmental and non-governmental departments of the country periodically invite applications from the graduates for the positions of Social Welfare Officers, Nutrition Supervisors as well as Lecturers for appointments across the country.
Department of Sociology, University of Chakwal offers four years BS (Hons) Program in Sociology, benchmarked with the top-class universities of the world. Department of Sociology has well experienced, committed, and highly trained faculty members. They are committed to generating a conducive study and research environment for the students.
- Regional, national and international Government and Non-government organizations e.g. UNDP, UNHCR, WHO, US-AID, APWA, and many other organizations which work in areas like, education, health, poverty, peace etc.
- Social Welfare Department, Education Department, Drug Rehabilitation, NCHD etc.
- Teaching and research institutes.
For further information please contact
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGYUniversity of Chakwal, Punjab 48800 Pakistan. Email: mail.uoc.edu.pk
Dr. Malik Muhammad Sohail
Chairman / Assistant Professor
PhD Sociology From University of Sargodha, Pakistan
Ms. Aimen Mahmood Butt
M.Phil Sociology International Islamic University Islamabad
Mr. Nasir Mehmood Khan
M.Phil Sociology Gold Medalist PMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi Pakistan
Mr. Muhammad Masood
M.Phil Sociology From University of Gujrat Pakistan