A University at Chakwal under the name of “University of Chakwal (UOC)” has been established with all eagerness, enthusiasm and missionary zeal and zest to cater the needs of professional education in Pakistan. University of Chakwal has four faculties having 18 departments. Briefly included; Faculty of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Arts Social Sciences, Faculty of Management Sciences & Faculty of Computer Sciences & Information Technology.
The motivating and encouraging attitude of the Federal and provincial governments of Pakistan and especially the government of Punjab for establishing University in the private sector have highly been applauded. This mode of facility has become a permanent feature of our educational system but yet needs a lot of promotion.
Main objectives of the University:
- Building upon the high quality standards, University of Chakwal will attain academic excellence; providing state of the art facilities, where the student can tap at the abandoned resources at their footsteps.
- Creating managers and leaders of the future.
- Student centered approach where the student is at the center; he/she not only grows as a professional but also as an individual.
- Maintaining national competitiveness in the globalized higher education market.
- To help government efforts to promote higher education in the country.
- To assist the public sector in promoting high quality manpower.
- To assist the public sector in giving correct direction and impetus of the future progress of the society.
- To enhance accessibility of higher education at the national level.
- To provide a education competition and challenge to universities established in the public sector for their qualitative up-gradation.
- To enable philanthropists and companies of means to participate in social and national services.
University of Chakwal in collaboration with other Universities would positively concentrate on these demands and plans to produce manpower of high caliber to meet diverse need of the country.